There Are No Aloe Vera Cactus Wild in The Desert

Song: Suddenly

Help Support My Channel, My Paypal Donation Link below:

Remember To Follow Me on Instagram Link is below:

Check out my New Livestream hangout Channel below:

Remember to check out all my PLAYLIST Link Below

1. Carol Tomko says:

The reason you don’t see Aloe is that it is not a native Arizona plant. It is from Africa.

2. Sanday Sunday says:

Interesting thought about No Aloe Vera/Agave in the Desert Anymore! As Beauty Industries skyrocket and over saturate the market, and Agave is the new sugar substitute. Makes one wonder why?

3. Del-Rio Drifter says:

It sure looks warm there LOL I like regular saguaro and not the crested so much.. but I would take either if it came down to it.

4. CrankyBubushka says:

Beautiful scenery, sunshine, and a puppy dog…that sounds like a good day to me 🙂

5. NoneMechanic101 says:

Thank you for the walk. Jerry is my start

6. Sally Lindberg says:

Saguaro Roots

saguaro roots

By the time a saguaro is four feet tall its roots have been growing for as many as 55 years and they stretch out four feet from the main stem in all directions, and three to five inches deep. The roots have special hairs on them that enable the collection of up to 200 gallons of water during a rainfall. This extensive root system is important to the saguaro for a couple of reasons. It helps keep a plant, which can weigh up to 8 tons at full size, standing upright. In the desert, rainstorms often come with high powered winds that can threaten a saguaro’s ability to remain standing if in the soil becomes saturated.

fallen saguaro

The ability of the roots to suck up water rapidly is also vital. Some summer monsoon rains last only a few minutes and with the hard surface of the desert floor, the water runs away very quickly, not allowing much time to soak into the soil.

Imagine now, how it would be for a newly transplanted saguaro. If its 50 year old roots are cut, it can take many years for them to grow back extensively enough for the saguaro to sustain itself. It is a gamble on whether it will be able to survive on its own once it uses up its stored water. An irrigated transplant has a better chance of surviving, so if you do obtain your permit to transplant a saguaro, be sure to consult a local nursery on techniques for care.

7. Sally Lindberg says:

I always think of the monster root system those huge sahuaros have…wonder what the circumference is for them..25 ft?..50 ft?…Good video, thanks for your work on each video.

8. Gila Bear says:

That cactus is a beast!! Gorgeous!!
    Mountains from an in town view: Tucson Mountains to the west, Catalinas to the north, Rincon Mountains to the east, and the Santa Ritas to the South. Took me forever to remember what was to the south. Well not forever, but it was a real brain workout, lol!
    Beautiful hike, looks like Jerry had fun too. Thanks for letting us join you 🙂

9. Stephanie Pooch says:

Jerry is the man that's one lucky doggie. When I get to Arizona I wanna go on that zip swing

10. Just Mike says:

Mammalee can try, but it's not working. Jerry is not the star, Go Timmy…. Oops, did I just type that? lol

11. Amy Van Hoy says:

The weather looks nice wishing it was warmer here have snow on the ground way to cold